Location: Brandermill Branch
Provides a variety of services to members to include paying and receiving functions, opening of all types of new deposit accounts, handling deceased member accounts, maintenance of existing accounts, accept loan applications, process requests, close, provide backup in the Call Center and work well with all internal and external members.
This is a full-time position with scheduled hours Monday - Friday, with 2 - 3 Saturday's per month.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Serves as paying and receiving teller/FSR. Balances a cash drawer, including all related sales items such as money orders, teller’s checks and money orders.
- Handle cash vault transactions and settlement.
- Learn and serve as ATM troubleshooting, settlement, replenish, reporting and auditor.
- Handle more complex transactions such as wire transfer, Visa cash advance, Shared Branch corrections, CTR, SAR, etc.
- Assist other staff to balance should difficulty arise.
- Become proficient with the Branch Capture equipment for entry, settlement and correction.
- Read, understand and remember the Shared Branch Network Procedures and all policies pertaining to shared branch transactions.
- Opens all types of new accounts, including share certificates. Processes all related paperwork, forms and file maintenance.
- Educates members on the variety of credit union services offered at Chesterfield Federal Credit Union.
- Prepare periodic reports as required by supervisor and management (stamp reconciliation, daily teller activity, lobby activity, etc.).
- Learn the skill and performance of accepting a variety of loan applications from members, ensure correctness and collect complete information so that you may forward to underwriting for a decision.
- Researches member inquiries and problems regarding credit cards and debit/ATM card issues, including fraud and disputes.
- Learn the ability to read and understand Recovery case notes.
- Open and Close a branch location as assigned.
- Work as platform FSR or Teller FSR on Saturday when scheduled.
- Educates members on the services of the credit union. Cross-sells the services of the credit union. Participates in marketing campaigns and contribute to offsite events as neededProcesses member requests for share draft orders, ATM/debit cards, home banking and audio response service, check copies, statement copies, wire transfers and other services.
- Handle and research member account inquiries and discrepancies as presented in person, by phone, mail, fax or email. Assist members with checkbook balancing.
- Work as a Call Center Representative as assigned to include professional communication, research and follow-up for each member.
- Assist to train newly hired staff on teller or platform function and duties.
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Working knowledge of credit union procedures and policies, rules and regulations.
- Working knowledge of all credit union services.
- Basic knowledge of Microsoft Word or other similar word processing software.
- Ability to perform transactions accurately and efficiently.
- General aptitude for math: calculations and concepts, decimals, percentages and fractions etc.
- Professional, well-developed interpersonal skills necessary for servicing members and projecting a positive image as representative of the credit union.
- Ability to lift 20 pounds (coin, Sentury safe, etc.)
- Ability to properly handle confidential information.
- Ability to handle a variety of duties simultaneously.
- Previous experience in tellering, new accounts, and member or customer service in a financial institution.
- High school diploma with continuing education preferred.
Join Our Team!
Do you have excellent customer service
skills, love working with people, impeccable integrity and a strong work
ethic? Duties include all aspects of teller work: member transactions,
cross-selling, heavy cash handling, ATM work and all the other things
you find in a financial institution that believes in service! Then this
is the job for you!
Chesterfield Federal Credit Union offers paid
holidays, training opportunities, career advancement, credit union
membership and a friendly work environment.