Location: Operations Center
Chesterfield Federal Credit Union is accepting applications for an Entry Level Part-Time Help Desk Technician. This position is based at our Whitepine Operations Center.
Provide technical assistance and support for incoming queries and issues related to computer systems, software, and hardware either in person, over the phone or through remote assistance. Setup computers and establish users in multiple systems. Research and resolve network problems for end users. Install, upgrade, and maintain computer hardware and peripheral equipment.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Monitor, respond or reassign Helpdesk tickets.
- Provide individual support to end users via the phone, in person, or on-line to answer questions or resolve problems.
- Create and modify end user accounts on various software programs including password resets.
- Participates in the installation, configuration, and upgrade of computer hardware and software.
- Respond to user problems on PCs to include software applications, systems integration, or individual hardware problems.
- Troubleshoot, debug, and resolve the problem.
- Research and diagnose technical problems and provide solutions.
- Test solutions to ensure a correct and complete resolution.
- Coordinate technology resources including main system, integrated phone system(s), and personal computer connectivity.
- Ensure that all software licenses are maintained.
- Provide and run backup procedures that maintain the integrity and security of the credit union’s technology infrastructure.
- Install, configure, and test systems, fax, printers, etc.
- Maintain complete and accurate documentation and support services/warranties for new equipment, software, hardware and peripherals.
- Install and test new software both for the network and for individual users.
- May be responsible for repair of printers, PCs or laptops.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Technical or Associate’s degree in computer science, computer engineering, PC support or another related field. Continuing education preferred.
- Technology knowledge to include, but not limited to Microsoft Server 2008-2012, Windows OS 7 and 10, Active Directory, Office and/or Office 365, Hyper-V, SQL and/or Exchange.
- Working knowledge of fundamental operations of relevant software, hardware and other equipment.
- Skilled in basic computer applications.
- Skilled in SQL concepts.
- Ability to properly handle confidential information.
- Ability to handle a variety of duties simultaneously.
- Knowledge of data processing and data communications concepts and services.
- Knowledge of data communication and transaction-based processing.