Equifax, one of the
leading credit reporting agencies in the United States, recently announced a
major data breach that impacted over 143 million consumers. Here are important
facts for you about this incident:
The breach occurred from mid-May
through July 29 and could impact as many as 143 million people. The
compromised data may have included names, Social Security numbers, birth
dates, addresses, and some driver's license numbers.
- Equifax has established a dedicated
website for consumers regarding the breach, www.equifaxsecurity2017.com
This site allows you to test your personal information for potential
impact and provides other important resources.
- Equifax is providing complimentary
identity theft protection and credit file monitoring for all consumers,
regardless of whether they were impacted by the breach. To enroll, click here.
- Chesterfield Federal Credit Union
reports to several credit reporting agencies, including Equifax. We
do not have any specifics regarding impact to our members resulting from
Chesterfield Federal Credit Union has additional ways in which you can protect yourself and monitor activity on your account.
- Sign up for Net24 Home Banking & download our Mobile24 Mobile Banking app to closely monitor your accounts.
- Sign up for alerts within Net24 Home Banking to monitor unusual activity on your account.
- Make sure your e-mail address and contact information is up-to-date with Chesterfield Federal Credit Union. You can confirm your contact information and change it in Net24 Home Banking.
- Sign up for additional Identity Theft Protection with a Benefits Plus Checking Account.
- Learn more about Identity Theft from our website.
We will update this post as more information becomes available.
More News & Notices
Supervisory Committee Volunteers Needed Learn More
Food Truck Wednesday Returns This Summer Learn More