With CardLock, you have the power to protect yourself from unauthorized access to your Visa Emerald card.
The newest way to lock in security and peace of mind
Our innovative CardLock service puts the power to prevent credit card fraud in your hands. With one quick phone call to the automated system, a visit to the secure website, or use of the mobile app, you can lock or unlock purchase authorization on your card account. It’s a simple way to protect your Visa Emerald card from fraudulent usage anytime, anywhere, and it is available to you at no charge.
Use it from time to time or all the time—the choice is yours. No matter how you choose to use CardLock, if anyone tries to make a purchase while your card is locked, you’ll be automatically notified by phone of the transaction attempt.
Note: recurring transactions such as fitness club membership fees will not be declined by a card’s locked status.
CardLock works hand-in-hand with advanced fraud protection systems Chesterfield Federal Credit Union already has in place, but gives you a greater role in the fight against fraud. After all, prevention is always better than the worry, stress, and inconvenience that follow fraudulent use of your credit or debit card.
Register your card todayUse the toll-free CardLock number
On the web
- Call 877-CULOCK1 (877-285-6251).
- You will be prompted to press #, then to press 1 to enroll.
- Enter the 16-digit card number to enroll.
- Create and enter a 4-digit security key code that will be used for future CardLock activity.
- Confirm/enter the phone number to associate with the account.
- If desired, enter additional account numbers and/or phone numbers as prompted.
- Go to www.cucardlock.com.
- Create an account by entering a username (a valid e-mail address) and creating a password.
- Enter the 16-digit card number you wish to enroll.
- Create and enter a 4-digit key code that will be used for future CardLock activity.
- Enter the last 4 numbers of your SSN.
- Click "Enroll.”
- You will then be prompted to sign in with your username and password.
- Now you can lock your card, add more cards, and/or add phone numbers to your record.
Locking & unlocking your card
Locking and unlocking your card is easy and takes seconds to do. You can do it online, by phone or by using a convenient mobile app. By phone
On the web
- Call 877-285-6251 (877-CULOCK1).
- Select the option to lock or unlock an account.
- Enter the 4-digit security key code when prompted; listen to current account status.
- Select the option to change the lock status as desired.
- Go to www.cucardlock.com
- Enter your username and password.
- A list of your locked/unlocked accounts displays.
- Select the account to lock or unlock; click the lock icon to the right of the number.
- Enter and confirm your 4-digit security key code.
- Click "Lock.”
- The list will then display the updated card status.
- Click on your mobile app icon.
- Your user name should be populated. Enter your password and log in.
- Choose "Locked Cards” or "Unlocked Cards.” A list of your locked or unlocked cards will display.
- Choose the card you wish to lock or unlock.
- Press "Security Code” and enter your 4-digit key code.
- Press ”Lock this Card” or "Unlock this Card”
To use the mobile app you must first be registered for CardLock via the web. You can then use your smartphone for locking or unlocking, as well as adding other cards and contact numbers to your CardLock profile. You will be prompted at web registration (www.cucardlock.com
) about the mobile app option and then directed to this information. The mobile app is available for iPhone, Android and Blackberry smartphones.
Frequently Asked Questions Can the credit union lock or unlock my card for me?
We can assist you with navigating the site, but cannot lock or unlock your card on your behalf. For locking/unlocking assistance, please call 1.877.285.6251. What if I lock my card and someone tries to use my account number in a transaction?
If a purchase authorization is attempted on a locked account, the authorization will be declined. The transaction will be detected by our fraud detection system, which will initiate a call to you to advise you of the attempted use of your locked account. How many phone numbers can be used for an account?
You may register as many phone numbers as you like. When you call from a number you have registered with CardLock, the automated phone system will recognize you and expedite the lock/unlock process. Regarding joint accounts, does the joint owner have the same rights to lock/unlock the card as the primary cardholder?
With joint accounts, both members have the same account number and any action taken by one of the cardholders will impact the account for the other cardholder as well. You will create one self-select key code, which you both will use. You can register multiple phone numbers so, for example, both could call and be recognized by the system from your own cell phones. What if I forget to unlock my card and use it in a transaction?
The transaction will be declined (not authorized). You will need to call the toll-free number for CardLock (1-877-CULOCK1), use the mobile phone application or website to unlock your card. This process takes less than 60 seconds and the account will be immediately unlocked. At that point the transaction can be reprocessed. What if I have recurring payments set up for my credit card accounts? If I lock my card, will these transactions still go through?
Yes. Locking a card has no effect on previously authorized charges to an account, provided the merchant uses a recurring transaction identifier on the transaction. For example, if you have arranged for recurring ACH payments to pay for your fitness club account, these charges will still go through and post to the specified account. A card was unlocked but the transaction was declined. Why is that?
The reasons other than CardLock for authorizing or declining transactions are still in effect, such as fraud prevention, card status, and limit-related rules. We will need to look at the transaction in order to confirm that the card was unlocked and determine what caused the decline. Please call us at 804.748.1417 to look into your transaction.
Take control of your card and register for CardLock.